Hyperion Bank is currently seeking a full time Credit Analyst to join our team. The primary job functions include analyzing current credit data and financial statements of individuals or firms to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money. Prepare reports with this credit information for use in decision-making. Ensure completeness of credit files. Ensure compliance with certain regulations pertaining to commercial lending. Support the lending staff in other ways as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for performing and documenting financial analyses on current and prospective customers, guarantors, and principals as requested by loan officers or dictated by loan agreements. Financial analyses may include but are not limited to analysis of balance sheet and income information, assessment of debt coverage, sensitivity analyses, and peer comparisons. Analysts will have direct contact with senior officers, lenders, and directors, in addition to commercial customers.
- Responsible for the preparation of Credit Memorandums, financial analyses and direct & global cash flows that will be prepared and submitted for consideration of credit approvals.
- Monitor loan agreements for compliance, report findings to officers, and prepare exception reports and summaries.
- Work closely with the Loan Operations Department.
- Perform loan reviews, including commercial credit analysis, residential and consumer loan sampling, documentation reviews, policy compliance reviews, annual reviews & financial statement monitoring.
- Perform other duties associated with the Credit Analyst Function, as assigned by management.
- Maintains and monitors various tickler systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance preferred.
- Ability to analyze individual and business tax returns, as well as internal and accountant prepared financial statements.
- Ability to analyze a business cash flow.
- Effective business writing and professional communication skills.
- 1-2 years experience working in credit analytics.
- Demonstrated effective customer service skills.
- Experience with C&I loans, CRE & Commercial Construction Loans.
- Annual Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Pre-Employment Screening Includes:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Past Employment Verification