Mobile Banking Apps
Hyperion Bank Mobile Apps for Apple, Android, and Kindle Fire
Bank mobile and deposit checks from your smartphone or tablet with our mobile banking apps for iPhone and iPad, Android devices, and Kindle Fire tablets.
Click on the icon below to download the right app for your device, or search for "HyperionBank" in online app stores:
Have you tried our Mobile Check Deposit?
Sign up today through your Online Banking portal.
Mobile Check Deposit FAQs
Q: Who can use this service?
A: Mobile Check Deposit is available to Hyperion Bank registered Online Banking customers, with acceptable smart devices; accounts must be open for at least 30 days and be in good standing.
Q: How do I access Mobile Check Deposit?
A: You must be a Hyperion Bank customer who is signed up for our Online Banking service. From your app store, download and install the Hyperion Bank Mobile Application for your device; open the app and select the Deposit Checks Tab. Review and accept the Mobile Check Deposit Agreement. Your registration request will be sent to the bank for review.
Q: What devices can I use?
A: Mobile Check Deposit works with a variety of supported* smartphones and other devices utilizing the built-in camera to capture check images. We presently support:
- Apple’s App Store: iPhone Classic 3 G 3 GS 4G 5 iPod Touch 4G and above iPad 2 and above
- Google Play Android Smartphones with the Android 1.6 Operating system or greater No “small screen” support, i.e. all but “QVGA” 240wx320h are supported
*Supported devices and operating systems may change without notice.
Q: Are there any fees for using Mobile Check Deposit?
A: At this time Hyperion Bank does not charge any fees for using this service.
Q: Are there restrictions on the number or types of accounts that I can use to make deposits?
A: You can make deposits into any Hyperion Bank checking, savings, and money market accounts that are part of your Online Banking profile.
Q: How secure is the Hyperion Bank mobile app?
A: We offer extensive security features to ensure that you can conduct your banking in a safe and private online environment. Our Mobile Banking Apps adhere to the same industry standards we use to keep our Online Banking highly secure.
Q: How will I know when I can start using Mobile Check Deposit?
A: You will receive an email to tell you that your registration has been approved or denied. Once it is approved you may begin using the service. Please contact us if you have questions or need assistance.
Q: When can I make deposits?
A: You can scan items for deposit at any time. However, items will only be posted to accounts on regular business days, Monday through Friday, excluding Federal Holidays and any day we may be closed due to an emergency. Deposits received after 3:00 PM on any regular business day will be processed to your account on the following business day
Q: Are there limits on making deposits?
A: Yes, mobile check deposit limits are:
- $1,000 per deposit limits
- $2,500 daily deposit limit
- $10,000 rolling 30-day deposit limit
Q: What kinds of checks can I deposit using the mobile banking app?
A: You may deposit checks made payable to you that are drawn on a United States bank and conform to the following requirements:
- Information on the check: any image of a check that you transmit through the Service must accurately and legibly provide all of the information on the front and back of the check at the time it was presented to you.
- You must endorse the original check with a restrictive endorsement before scanning it by applying your signature and the legend, “For Remote Deposit Only.”
- You authorize the Bank to supply an endorsement on your behalf for deposit to your account if a check is missing or has an improper endorsement.
- You agree that the scanned image of each check shall provide the following information: (1) identification of the drawer and the paying bank that is preprinted on the check, including complete, full-field, and accurate MICR (magnetic ink character recognition) line, routing transit number, number of the account on which the check is drawn, and drawer signature(s); (2) amount, payee, date, check number; and (3) other information placed on the check before imaging, such as any required identification written on the front of the check and any endorsements applied to the back of the check.
Checks that do not meet the above requirements or that fall into any of the following prohibited categories will not be accepted for deposit:
- are payable to any person other than you;
- contain obvious alteration to any of the fields on the front of the check, or which you know or suspect, or should know or suspect, are fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the account holder;
- are substitute checks as defined by Check 21 or IRDs (Image Replacement Documents) that purport to be substitute checks and which have been previously endorsed by a financial institution;
- are drawn on a financial institution located outside the United States or are not payable in United States currency;
- are dated more than six (6) months prior to the date of deposit;
- have a duplicate MICR code line; are missing or have an invalid or incorrect routing number;
- are photocopies or otherwise not original paper checks when they are scanned;
- are issued to multiple parties;
- are third party or second endorsed checks;
- do not qualify as “original checks” as defined in Regulation CC.
Q: Can I deposit multiple checks in one deposit?
A: No, each check will be a separate deposit. Select deposit on your smart device, enter the amount of the first item, and take an image of the front and the back of the check. After you receive your deposit confirmation, select deposit to repeat the process.
Q: How will I know that a check has been successfully scanned and submitted for deposit?
A: You will receive a confirmation number and message on your screen. You can choose to have this confirmation emailed to you.
Q: How will I know that my deposit is being processed to my account?
A: You will receive an email advising you that your deposit has been accepted. If the deposit was submitted before 3 pm, it will be processed to your account as of that business day and may be visible in online banking after 9 pm that same business day.
Q: When will the funds from my deposit be available?
A: The funds for the checks that you deposit through the Service may not be immediately available to you. ALL checks deposited through the Mobile RDC product will be subject to local check holds as outlined in our Regulation CC disclosure as amended from time to time. Read our Disclosures to learn more.
Q: What happens if the Bank rejects a deposit?
A: If the check has been rejected for one of the prohibited reasons previously outlined, it can not be negotiated. In some cases it may be possible for the check to be processed in person at the branch. If this is the case the email notification you receive will advise you of this option.
Q: How long should I keep the original check?
A: Store the check securely for 90 days, then destroy it.
Q: How do I terminate this service?
A: If you wish to cancel the Service, you must notify the Bank in writing, and you must also discontinue using the Service at that time. You may notify us by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Hyperion Bank Online Banking Department, 199 W. Girard Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19123.
Q: What happens if I lose my phone?
A: If your device is lost or stolen, it is unlikely that someone could access your account information unless they also know your Online Banking Username and Password. However, you should contact Hyperion Bank as soon as possible by calling 215-789-4200 and also quickly notify your mobile service carrier.
Hyperion Bank mobile services are free; third party message and data rates may apply. These include fees your wireless carrier may charge you for data usage and text messaging services. Check with your wireless carrier for details regarding your specific wireless plan and any data usage or text messaging charges that may apply. A supported mobile device is required to use the Mobile Banking App. Mobile Deposit is a feature of Hyperion Bank Mobile Banking. Use of the Mobile Deposit feature requires a supported camera-equipped device with a Hyperion Bank Mobile Banking App. Eligible Hyperion Bank accounts and Hyperion Bank Online Banking registration and approval required. Certain other restrictions apply. See the Mobile Banking Terms and Conditions in the Hyperion Bank Online Banking and Mobile Banking Service Agreements. Federal regulation limits the number of transfers that may be made from savings and money market accounts.Apple, iPod, and iPad and are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.